Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
Qualified businesses can apply for the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy as soon as it is made available. Sign up below to be notified when the program is available.
In order to qualify for the subsidy specific criteria must be met by the business. The criteria will be available here as soon as they are announced by the Canadian Government.
CERS Program Information
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) replaces the Canadian Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program (CECRA)
- CERS will be offered until June 2021
- Businesses will be able to submit retroactive claims for the period September 27, 2020 – October 24, 2020 period
- CERS support will be provided directly to businesses (tenants) instead of landlords/property owners
- Additional support will be made available for property owners
Submit a CERS Claim
- Easy to use and easy to access application process for rent and mortgage support filing
- Businesses will be able to receive Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy rent and mortgage support based on a sliding scale, with coverage of up to 65% of eligible expenses
- Businesses that are required to temporarily close by public health order (i.e. restaurants) will be eligible to receive an additional 25% subsidy in addition to the 65% under CERS
“to support Canadian employers and help businesses bridge to better times.”– Prime Minister Justin Trudeau – October 9, 2020